We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, October 1, 2012

It Always Feels Like Home

So I have always been a homebody. I was that kid that nobody thought would ever move away. I mean going out of town was not something I did much. I worked in town went to school in town and most of my loved ones were in the same town. I always told my mom that the worst part about my Call into Ministry was that someday it was going to take me away from home. Well it did this year. I moved an hour and a half away from home.

Now I love my new town and my apartment is great. I am really busy so I don't seem to notice a lot that I miss home. But every so often there is that wave of homesickness that will blow by. When I catch it, it makes me feel really lonely and I play "Home" by Michael Buble/Blake Shelton and have to refrain from jumping in my car and driving south.

Throughout my life I have had those times like everyone where even at home it feels like you are miles and miles away from anyone who cares, or understands, or that one person you want to talk to. Those moments where your heart is so lonely and tired that it just doesn't want to continue in the same way it has been.

Sometimes these moments have been due to heartbreak, loneliness, homesickness, being overwhelmed, stress, chaos, confusion, pain, and many other emotions. These tend to be times that I cry out to God in the need of someone to hold me and remind me that I am not in control and I don't have to be. These are times when I am often brought to tears or so utterly exhausted that I just don't know how to function anymore.

At moments like these I look up!

The Sky always makes me feel as if I am home, reminds me that God is in control, and that I am most certainly never alone!











These really aren't from 2007, my camera had reset itself, these are all from 2012


  




 





I really love lightening




God truly is an artist



Clouds are my favorite


I can't help but relax when I see colors like these











Crayola cannot capture this color of blue









These are all just a few of my favorites, I just love the sky!

No comments: