I think on Sunday I was stuck in an emotional turmoil of feeling selfish that everyone was paying so much attention to me, and yet frustrated because 25 should have been a bigger deal than it was. So I was stuck between feeling selfish and actually being selfish. Seriously, my brain sometimes!!! So to everyone who put up with me on Sunday, especially Adam, thank you for trying to make my day a special one.
In honor of my birthday, the one thing that always makes me happy, my first love, and something I nerd out about; here are 25 scriptures that mean a lot to me!! These words hold true no matter my age, my mood, my state of mind, or the occasion. It is in these words my life finds meaning and soul rejoices. This is where I find my purpose and my passion.
1. Psalm121:1-2 "I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth."
2. 1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity."
3. Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
4. Matthew 6:25-27 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"
5. Psalm 139:14 "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
6. Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity."
7. Lamentations 3:22-23 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
8. Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."
9. Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
10. Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
11. Psalm 19:14 "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
12. Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your path straight."
13. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
14. Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
15. Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
16. Micah 6:8 "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
17. Deuteronomy 6:4-5 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
18. 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not love, I am nothing."
19. Luke 6:30-31 "Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."
20. Psalm 42:5 "Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
21. Matthew 18:6 "If anyone causes one of these little ones - those who believes in me - to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."
22. John 11:35 "Jesus wept."
23. John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
24. 1 Samuel 16:7 "But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
25. Joshua 1:8 "Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful."