Scriptures: Isaiah 55:8-9, Romans 11:33-36
Pastor Keith Schadel
How does God pick who gets which parents?
There are things we do not know, because God's ways are not our ways.
I don't think I'm supposed to know the answer.
We can know:
- There is a big problem: We are a fallen race.
- We are no longer in fellowship with God except through Jesus Christ.
- God's plan was for us to rely fully on Him, not on our own knowledge.
- God's plan will be fulfilled.
- God said if they would put their trust in Him they would be made right in the law, not the other way around.
Paul is telling the Romans, yes, you have come to Jesus, but now instead of trusting Him you are starting to try to do it yourself.
Bad and good are a God concept, not a human concept
What happens when we put faith in ourselves?
- Hearts harden to God.
- The less you accept God's Grace
We can't know this! All we can see is the backside of the tapestry. God is on the front he can see the beautiful masterpiece.
Trust because God is God and only God is good.
We should respond by remembering the Gospel!
Jesus is the fix!
We should praise God because He is Sovereign and knows the answers.