"The Proof Of Your Love"
My youth group is in the process of watching the movie "To Save a Life" and in this movie Jake has a hard time grabbing a hold of the Christian label because he is struggling to see real life examples of what that means to be.
Our theme as a youth group this year is Reflect, and this summer my word on my rock was Moon. It is all becoming clear to me that this is something laying heavy on my heart this year. I want to live a life where people see God in me always. I don't ever want to lead someone away from God and a chance of knowing Him better.
I want my life to be the proof of His Love for us. I want my life to reflect God's love in the way that the moon reflects the sun.
For me as a youth pastor and a young single lady I have set certain standards for myself. Now those standards aren't necessarily God's standards for everyone's life but somewhere along the way it became apparent that this was where He wanted me to stand.
- Read the Bible everyday (I have been failing here lately but I'm getting back on that horse today)
- No alcohol (I have plenty of friends who enjoy alcoholic beverages and I enjoy their company. In the Bible Paul talks throughout his letters about everything being ok to those who are strong, but shame on the person who dares to bring another person down.) I couldn't live with myself if my harmless drink caused someone else to sin. There are other reasons behind this too but this is the main one. So yes, I am 23 years old and I have never had any alcoholic beverage.
- Purity - I am setting a pure example of a Christian woman and at the same time saving myself for the man that God has for me.
- Health - This is a newer one for me that is just starting to be a part of who I am. I want to be healthy so I can do God's ministry better, longer, and more efficiently. That and I just have more confidence when I feel better about myself.
- Live my life outside of the church as if the entire church is watching. Now that is not to say I'm paranoid or something, but I want the Darci people see on Sunday to be the same Darci that exists through and through. This is where the whole let my LIFE be the proof comes through. Not just my Sundays or Wednesdays or Office Hours but my entire life.
This is part of my mission here on Earth. To be a genuine Christian through and through. Now being human I fail but God's Grace is sufficient for eternity, I just pray that God's people have grace to see that I, and everyone else, am an imperfect person seeking God's perfect love.
What does your life stand for? Are you willing to stand for something? Each of us reflects something, what are you choosing to show others?