We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Morning Sunrise Thoughts

My favorite part of Easter is sunrise service. The church I am working at doesn't normally do one, so this year I decided to do my own. I took my Bible, notebook, coffee, phone, and sleeping bag out the the Arberetum and picked a spot to get comfy. I pulled up my HouseFM app on my phone and pushed play. I snuggled up with my coffee and sleeping bag and let the morning take over.

These were my thoughts as I sat there.


As I wait for the sun to rise
I try to imagine how Mary felt.
He said He would rebuild in three days
But what does that mean when we watched Him die?
I sit with great anticipation and I know the cross is not the end but the beginning.
How did they even have emotions left after the events on Friday?
I sit with excitement and joy over what this day means.
With the rising of the son I have another chance to get it right.
With the rising of the son I get to celebrate in the light because redemption has won.
Its as if the birds know what this sunrise means, as they flit around in the joy of a new day.








No comments: