Sermon Title: Blessing or Curse?
Scripture: Psalm 46: 1-3
No one is innocent. Not even babies.
Infirmity: Separation from God, that you're born with.
Transgressions: Sins you know you've made.
God's grace covers both.
We are saved by grace, it is a gift.
There was no concept of disaster before the fall of man.
To live is Christ, to die is gain!
In all things give thanks.
How is it that God uses our suffering for good?
- Prepares us to be the bride of Christ
- Redemption fee: The thing a groom, in Bible times, can pay to have a priest ceremonially clean an unclean bride.
- Jesus paid the redemption fee for his bride, the church.
- Purity vs. Unclean vs. Lost
- If you are debating between watching a ball game and going and saving a soul, you would have an unclean soul.
- If there is no debate you are going to watch the ball game, you have a lost soul.
- If there is no debate you are going to save the soul, you have a pure soul.
- Way more power than you can get from a tank or an airplane.
- How many of us would rather Jesus come now than go home and eat with our families?
- It is a great gift to be ready for eternity.