We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, September 17, 2012

Youth Group Devotional Day 1


I have decided to write a devotional for my youth group. I think I want to give it to them for Christmas. I'm not sure how many days it will have but I wrote the first one today.

Day 1: Worry
Philippians 4:6-7
Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything you can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Don’t worry about anything that is obviously easier said than done. In the world today there are so many stresses that interfere with our lives. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could always have an easy going day and never have anything weighing on our minds? The truth is there will always be something that will cause us to stress or worry; it is part of our human nature. Imagine what your daily life would be like if you had no weight of worry. Paul is suggesting to the Philippians to pray instead of worry. Instead of sitting and mulling over how much more there is to do, or a dead line coming up send it up in a prayer. The fact of the matter is that nothing gets accomplished when you are sitting around worrying, but powerful things happen when people pray. Through prayer people are healed of cancer, brought back from near death, lost children come home, and cold hearts are warmed. If God can heal the broken world through prayer than He can most definitely hold onto your calendar, homework, chores, bills, money, friends, relationships, cars, family, and anything else that may be weighing on your heart. Today try something new, try praying instead of worrying. Each time that thing that is weighing on your heart comes to mind stop and pray about it. Let God know exactly what you are feeling and why you are scared to let Him have it. If this can become your new way of thinking and reacting to the world then you will find that you are a little easier going and a lot more fun to be around.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please help me to turn toward you in my times of worry, stress, and fear. I know that if I put you at the center of my life and let you take control things will be easier for me and I will find true joy in my life here on Earth. Help me work toward your peace. I love you Lord and I want to be less weighed down so I can do the things you have called me to do. Thank you, for always being there for me, even when I don’t realize it. Amen.

No comments: