We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, January 28, 2013

Poems From a Long Carride

This weekend I traveled to and from Garden City in a van full of high school students. On the way to Garden City my mind decided to try and be creative again, so I wrote a couple poems. I haven't written poetry in a long time. I'm not sure I like these but I figured I might as well post them!

Poem 1: (they don't have real names)
When I spend time with you I know who I am.
I feel close to you in a crowded room if I've had quiet time with you.
Simple things in life radiate your beauty
Chaos and confusion are less insane when I have spent time with you.
It is so easy to forget how important it is to spend time with you each day.
The fast pace of this crazy world tries to interfere with my peace of mind, but Satan doesn't have a chance to interfere with my heart if I've had some time with you.


Poem 2:
Sometimes I wish I was a tree.
To be able to stand rooted in the ground
Spend all day rooted in your glory
To sway and bend with your blessings.
At night to stand under your vast sky.
Standing tall above your creation, yet to feel minuscule to your night sky.
To have a front row seat to your daily masterpieces of art.
A tree represents your power and might, your grace and love, life.
Trees are life for so many on this earth, they stand for everything you are and everything I wish to be.
Sometimes I want to be a tree.


Poem 3: (I actually wrote this one on Saturday morning during my quiet time)
That moment I fear, death.
Not my own, but one of mine.
For myself there only victory
But when death strikes before their prime.
How to handle that pain and confusion
My job is one of comfort and grace.
Lord, please ready my heart and steady my mind so when the inevitable happens I can stand with you and hold them.
Please watch over these young lives you have blessed me with and all those they know. Keep them safe and secure in your arms.

No comments: