We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rocky Mountain Oasis

Oh my I think I fell in love with this book. I'm trying to read through books that are already on my Kindle and not spend any money on them. So I stumbled across this one. I don't know who on my parent's Amazon account purchased this book but I'm very thankful.

This is yet again another Christian Fiction/Romance book. I think I'm going through a phase!

Rocky Mountain Oasis by Lynnette Bonner is book 1 in the Shepherd's Heart series. It is about all I can do not to purchase book two and keep reading but I must read the other books first! I must!

This book actually started off quite slow and slightly confusing. It bounces from different character's perspectives and it isn't until these different character's lives cross paths that things start to get interesting. The main female character Brooke is a mail order bride coming in a wagon from St. Louis. The main male character is Sky and he lives in Idaho. Brooke is supposed to marry Jason but once Sky hears about this marriage he can't shake the idea of a poor girl marrying a man like Jason. Through prayer Sky makes the decision to buy the rights to marriage from Jason, and he does. Brooke and Sky are then married and they begin to figure out how to live their lives together.

Brooke has a past of being abused by the men in her life and she is jumpy and scared to death of Sky. This breaks his heart and he continuously prays for her to come to God and to trust him. This story is much more than just a Christian Romance book. There is a murder in town and the investigation takes a huge chunk of the book and brings in some suspense. Brooke and Sky's lives are in danger at one point and I couldn't stop reading until I knew how it ended.

This was a fast read. I read in less than a week because once I got hooked I didn't want to stop reading. I recommend this to anyone looking for something good to read!


No comments: