We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Reluctant Queen

Title: A Reluctant Queen

Author: Joan Wolf

What's it About: I picked this book for Book Club this month and it was actually chosen so I was super excited to read it. This is a fictional story based on the story of Queen Esther from the Bible. Being the Bible nerd I am, it really made me want to grab the Bible and read a long with it, but I refrained in order to enjoy the story for what it was a love story. A love story of a woman for her family, her culture, and eventually her husband. I have never thought about the story of Esther this way. The Bible is very informative, but this made each character real, and their individual stories important to the overall story. It is also a clean and positive read in this world of drama, chaos, and sexuality, it was refreshing.

My Rating out of 5 stars: 5 Stars. I loved the emotions and the way she depicted the story. Now, I'm going to reread the book of Esther in the Bible before we discuss at book club, but as a book on its own this one was really good.

As always the picture of the book is a link to Amazon in case you would like to purchase it.

No comments: