We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

For Your Baptism

Dearest Adah Grace,
  I'm writing you this letter a few days early. I'm not sure I will mentally be prepared to do so on Sunday. You're getting baptized this week. This is a big deal. We are officially laying down the path for the rest of your life. You have so many people planning on being here for you for this. You're such a special girl, some of these people have only been to visit us since you have joined the world. You're so worth the drive to all the people who love you.
  I can't believe how fast you are growing. At times it is hard to imagine you as anything but the sweet little infant you are now, but our baby days are numbered. You're already almost two months old and I want to grab time and slow it down. Before I know it you will be running around this church with all the other kids and you will be talking, and playing, and learning all of the lessons life has to teach you. If only I could keep you innocent and safe from the pains of this world. But I can't, you will have to walk through all of the fires of this life just like everyone else. I know my heart will break when yours does and my tears will fall each time you do.
 The only thing I know how to do, my little one, is introduce you to the Creator of the Universe. He is the only one who can truly protect you and hold you through everything. It is my job as your mother to guide you and teach you about God's love. I will only be able to hold your hand for awhile but God will hold your hand for eternity if you learn to love Him. This is why your baptism is so important to me, Daddy and I will be standing up in front of the church committing to leading you to a life filled with God's Grace.
 I know that ultimately the choice is yours, you will have to make a decision to join Christ's family on your own, but until you are old enough to do so, I promise to raise you in this family. I promise to surround you with people who will always love you and guide you in a life of faith. I promise to pray for you, and teach you how to pray. I promise to read you the Bible and explain what it means to you. I promise to be present in your faith journey and constantly deepen my faith in order for you to have a role model to look up to. I promise to bring you to church and make church life a priority, even if it isn't my career. I promise to love you, no matter what. I will love you through the good days and the bad. I will love you as unconditionally as humanly possible.
 Adah Grace you are beautiful, you are loved, you are important, you have a purpose. God will always love you and so will your daddy and I. I pray you never forget just how special you are and that you never stop hearing in your heart just how loved you are.
Love,
Mommy

Holding Daddy's finger during her first church service.

Sleeping on Mommy's lap during her 2nd church service.

No comments: