We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Good To Be Alive

Today is my 27th Birthday!


    That seems crazy. The last year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I remember the night before my birthday last year Adam and I had our biggest fight ever about his job at the jail and how much he hated it. I remember finally caving and letting him put in his 3 week notice at work, even though he didn't have a another job to go to. I remember feeling sick all day on my birthday with the stress of everything we had going, we had just gotten back from a mission trip and we were supposed to be moving that week and my husband was so depressed. A year later we have moved yet again, we have a three month old beautiful baby girl, Adam has a job he doesn't hate and we are happy.

     The ways that God has worked in our lives this past year have been incredible. Every time I look at my sweet little girl's smile I can't believe this is the life I have been blessed with. I have a job that I not only love but it allows me to keep my daughter with me and experience everything there is to experience in the first few months of parenthood. We have been through some crazy experiences this past year and I know without a doubt that there is no place I would rather do life than here, and no one I would rather do life with that Adam. Birthdays will always mean something different to me from now on because 39 weeks and 2 days (or 9 months) after my birthday last year we became parents!

This song is everything I'm thinking today!


Good to be Alive by Jason Gray

No comments: