We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Day 6: Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)

Today's song is known at my house as Mommy's Song. For a long time this song was the final song I played while rocking Adah to sleep. Daddy's song is "Sweet Child of Mine." Many nights I sang this song to Adah with a tear filled heart, wondering why God had called me to a place where clearly my feet had failed and where I felt as if I was drowning. 

There was a season in our life that was so dark and painful. It was hard to see that there was ever going to be a brighter day.

Now being in a totally different place in life the lyrics of this song hang on my wall and I smile knowing that God called me to this life and through all of it He has guided me through. 

2017 was the middle of our storm. 2020 we are on the other side. There isn't an easy way to do a life side by side picture. But we have grown just about as much as she has!


***Adah's lent: I am asking her each day what she wants to thank God for, what was her favorite thing that day!
Day 1: being able to talk!
Day 2: for Nicole's foster daughter being in our life and her upcoming birthday! 
Day 3: for the balance beam and fun activities at daycare! 
Day 4: for Nicole's foster daughter and her birthday party!
Day 5: for Daddy!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Darci,
Where I use to see you everyday, I now observe from a distance.
The transformation continues to amaze me as I watch your Faith grow!
Sweet Adah Grace. . .I, too, am a Daddy's Girl!
Pat