We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Sunday, March 29, 2020

See a Victory!

At the beginning of this Lenten season I decided I wanted to write more and use songs to do it. I did this for almost a week and then got really sick. Since then it has been hard to get back to doing any of the things I had planned to devote myself to. 
  
Then the whole world went into chaos with this pandemic. Now we are supposed to stay home and distance ourselves and we should have a healthy fear in our hearts so we don't touch our faces. 

Well this past week or two has been a pure nightmare for many. Toilet paper is a hot commodity, medical personnel can't get the protective supplies they need, famous people have even died from this, birthdays are lonely, and you can't go visit anyone! It would be so easy to sit inside on social media and fill my heart with fear and sorrow. I could focus on the jobs that are lost and the freedom that seems to be stolen. 

But today was none of that. And tonight this song was the first one that played while I washed the mud from my feet.

See a Victory has the most perfect words for today. "I am gonna worship my way through this battle. You take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it for good!"

Enemy: churches are closed! 
God: let's worship online! (This morning I worshipped online with people 3 times my age all the way down to a 3 year old!)
People that have been scared of technology are now using it in bold ways to meet with those they love!

Enemy: you must stay home!
God: here is some sunshine, go play! 

Enemy: you must stay 6 feet away from everyone so you don't get sick.
God: you have a 4 year old!

Enemy: You can't go anywhere! And you live in a tiny little cabin!
God: You live at camp!

We live in an incredible time. We can see people without leaving our house. We can shop online. And we can be entertained, educated, and work from home. We live in a high speed, instant kind of world and we were all just given the gift of slowing down. So take a deep breath, follow the directions of the CDC, and accept this gift of a slower pace. Go outside, get muddy, play hard, do the things you never have time to, read, catch up on your shows, be crafty, make food...whatever it is the fuels you. Worship, pray, sing, & dance! Don't let the enemy win! Use this time for good!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Darci,
You continually bless my life in amazingly wonderful ways!
Pat