We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Friday, February 22, 2013

Still Alice

Buy the book here at Amazon!

My second book for 2013 was Still Alice by Lisa Genova. This was yet again a book I probably wouldn't have picked up but turned out to be very good. I read the entire book on my phone, it was a different way to read but I really enjoyed having my book with me at all times and not having to carry anything extra with me. 

This book is about a Harvard Psychology Professor who specializes in Linguistic studies that finds out she has Early Onset Alzheimer's. The rest of the book is very detailed in Alice's struggles with learning how to live as he mind slowly, not all that slowly, stops working. It starts when she forgets words in lectures that she has given multiple times and then she goes for a run and gets lost in Harvard Square. It progresses from there and she struggles trying to keep her coveted position at Harvard and figuring out who she is when she is no longer an author and professor. The title comes from her learning that no matter what she is Still Alice.

Alzheimers is something that everyone knows about but unless you have lived with someone who has it then it is a disease that is hard to understand. I highly recommend reading this book, it gives a whole new light to to what these people have to deal with along with what their families have to deal with. 

No comments: