We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Why Are You a Christian?

Our sermon series for the Lenten season is all about who Jesus is. Today we talked a lot about the scripture where Jesus asks His disciples who they say He is. Most of the time something during sermons gets me writing and today I decided I might as well share it on my blog. Pastor G was talking about creating personal faith statements, something that you can use to answer that question that often gets asked, Why are you a Christian? She said that in seminary one of her professors encouraged them to rewrite this faith statement every couple years, because as we grow, study, experience life, and learn our faith statements change. I have written theologies of ministry but I'm not sure I have ever sat down and written out my own faith statement or creed, so today in the middle of the sermon I did.

These are my raw thoughts, I haven't edited it much, I'm sure I will over time:

Why are you a Christian?

I believe in love, a deeper kind of love than romance.
Love that is everlasting, unconditional, and limitless.
This love is found on the cross.
Agape love comes from the Father of the Universe, the creator of everything.
Agape love comes from the Son of the Father, the living word, 
the promised one, who died for the sin of the world,
He rose again filling the gap between humanity and divinity.
Agape comes today through the Holy Spirit that guides and directs our lives.
Agape comes now flowing from the Father to the Son through the Spirit into this broken world.
I believe in Agape Love, therefore, I am a Christian.


Well there it is, for now!

No comments: