We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Match Me

So I found this book on my Kindle. I decided awhile back that I wasn't going to pay for any books for awhile, and read the ones I already own whether they are physical books or on my Kindle. I get a lot more reading done now that I have the Kindle App on my phone. I mean the book I am reading is literally with me everywhere I go. It makes eating out alone and waiting for things a lot more fun. It is becoming one of my favorite things to go eat somewhere, and prop my phone up on my cup and read away as I eat lunch. Does that make me a nerd? Probably. Well I haven't found a book on my kindle that I haven't enjoyed, except maybe this one. I wasn't even going to make a blog post about it but then I remembered that I had decided I was gonna do every book I read for at least the rest of the year.

Match Me by Liz Appel started out as a good book. My mind was interested from the beginning, but just when it was getting good, it ended. I was like, what? where's the rest? It felt like a very elementary book, I'm not sure how many books this author has written but if this wasn't one of her first ones then, I'm hoping she has a day job.

It starts with the main character, I can't remember her name, trying to crash her ex's wedding. She thinks he is making the biggest mistake ever and throws her shoe at him and knocks him out. Somehow no one saw the flying shoe and she has a chance to escape with only the groom, and his best friend knowing what actually happened. To everyone else it looked like the groom fainted. She just can't walk away she ends up at the back of the church and makes some kind of gasping sound when the groom kisses his bride and the whole town sees her. The rest of the book is her pity party about not actually breaking up the wedding, and then she gets over him and her best friend makes her try online dating.

She goes on a couple dates and they are both big busts and then she is set up one more time and it ends up being the groom's best friend who has secretly had a crush on her the whole time and is a really sweet guy. Then its over, just like that, she finally finds something to be happy about and something goes right and its over.

There was a pregnancy scare in the middle and a couple other crazy mishaps where this friend guy gets her out of a tight spot and they finally end up together and the book is over.

Considering I just told everything that happens in the book for the most part, there is no point in reading it unless you just really want to read something brainless that is really short. This is the first book I have read this year that I do not recommend. I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

As always the picture of the book is a link to Amazon where you can buy it, if you want it.

1 comment:

Breenah A said...

Ugh. I hate books that look/sound like they'll be awesome and then they're not.