We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Garden of Stones

Title: Garden of Stones

Author: Sophie Littlefield

What's it About: This was the most recent book for bookclub. We will discuss it at our April meeting. I finished the last one early so I started this one early. I figured it made sense to keep going if I was going to actually attend this year. 

This book is about Japanese Americans during WWII when they were all sent to the Confinement camps. It flashes back and forth from during the war to about 30 years after the war. The main character Lucy is a teenager during the war. She lives in a little bunk with her mother. Her mother is more than likely bi-polar, she is a drop dead beautiful woman and the white men, who work in the camp take notice. There is a lot of sexual abuse, and a murder. Lucy ends up with horrible scars on her face from a burn her mother gave her to insure that no man would ever hurt her. She ends up with her daughter Patty. Lucy is accused of murder in the 30 years after the war part. Patty gets married and everything ends calmly.

My Rating out of 5 stars: 4 Stars. I really liked this book. I was hooked from the beginning. There were a lot of cliff hangers in it that kept you reading on to see what happened or what really happened. It is so sad that things like this actually happened and in some places are still happening today. This should be an interesting discussion at book club!


As always the picture of the book is a link to Amazon if you would like to purchase it.

No comments: