We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Day 2: Kingdom Come

Today, I had a lot of time to listen to music. I had a couple if much needed soul meeting in Wichita and spent my day drinking coffee, discussing Jesus, the world, parenting, being married, and the season of Lent.

This was much needed for my soul, I didn't even realize it. I am feeling convicted this Lent season like I have never been before. I have spent a lot of time the past couple of years working on my whole self. Spiritual and physical growth have been major for me! Recently I have dove into finances and find myself today convicted in my home life! This season I am working on being a better mother and wife. Patience and Grace seem to have ran away from our humble abode and it is time to reestablish them. 

This season I want to put to rest my need to yell. I want to approach my house like I do everything else in my life, as a calling and with Grace. Tonight this came to a test during shower time. Adah was bound and determined not to take one. And tonight I can say that I didn't cave and I didn't yell. And over all it feels better, and even though she had tears, I am going to bed tonight not focused on how crappy this situation made me feel but instead on the positives of the night!

So tonight my song is Kingdom Come and my prayer is that my house will look more and more like God's kingdom during this Lenten season!

Thanks Erica for the awesome new mug!

***Adah's lent: I am asking her each day what she wants to thank God for, what was her favorite thing that day!
Day 1: being able to talk!
Day 2: for Nicole's foster daughter being in our life and her upcoming birthday! 



1 comment:

Pat said...

Darci,
I love how the Lord has brought these things to your mind & heart
for change within you, your family, your home!
I, too, use to 'yell' at my children. . .
until a Counselor I was visiting told me it was the same effect
on my child as if I had 'hit' them. . .made me STOP and think!
Start with 1 has been my thoughts this beginning of 2020.
Give it to the Lord and Start with 1. . .He will direct your path.
Love how sweet Adah Grace is thankful for these things!
Thank you for continually sharing your life, your journey
and your daughter with me (us)!
Pat