We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Music Devotion Day 11: Chain Breaker//Zach WIlliams

This is one of Jake Wingfield's Devotions.

Chain Breaker//Zach Williams


If you've been walking the same old road for miles and miles
If you've been hearing the same old voice tell the same old lies
If you're trying to feel the same old holes inside
There's a better life
There's a better life


This devotion is especially hard to write. It’s going to be pretty personal. I suggest listening to the songs each of these are written to if you haven’t been doing that already.


Everyone, I don’t care who you are, has some sort of vice. I do not care if you work in an oil field in Saudi Arabia, or the CEO of Frito Lay, there is something in your life that hinders your relationship with Jesus. For me, what is holding me back from full potential is indecisiveness. It seems that this year, more than others, is especially hard. Every night, and every wednesday at youth group I pray for discernment. I just want to know what He wants me to do. I have been blessed with so many opportunities I dont have the time or willpower to take advantage of all of them.
The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14
My biggest fear is doing something that will cause my relationship with Jesus to fall apart even though I know that He will always welcome me home no matter what. However, I don’t want to be asking for forgiveness.


We've all search for the light of day in the dead of night
We've all found ourselves worn out from the same old fight
We've all run to things we know just ain't right
And there's a better life
There's a better life
I suppose the point I want to get across to you is that no matter your vice, Jesus will take the pain away, Jesus will show you the path, If you have chains holding you down, HE WILL BREAK THEM.


If you've got pain
He's a pain taker
If you feel lost
He's a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He's a prison-shaking Savior
If you've got chains
He's a chain breaker


2 Peter 3:9 ESV
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.



Your Turn…... Write a Music Devotion of your own and share it with us!!

No comments: