We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Music Devotion Day 8: Just Be Held//Casting Crowns

Just Be Held//Casting Crowns


When I’m upset or stressing about something, I’m the kind of person that kicks it into overdrive and I have a really hard time slowing down and stopping, because if I do, then whatever is really bothering me is going to come tumbling down on me like an avalanche. Whenever I hear this song I can’t help but think about Mary and Martha in the Bible (Luke 10:38-42).


I resonate so well with Mary, she is stressing because her Lord is coming to her house and she is running around working to get everything done while her sister Martha is sitting at Jesus’ feet listening to His teaching. When she finally breaks and says something about it, Jesus actually rebukes her saying that Martha is the one who is actually doing what is right in this situation. The idea of being still or being held is not something that a lot of us come by easily. We live in culture where the fuller your calendar and the more things you have going on, is seen as successful. I often find it weird to see a day on my calendar that is blank and sometimes I feel the need to write something there just to fill it in and appear busy.


I think that God is often watching us run around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get us to hear Him say, “be still, let me hold you.”


Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you'll find Me
And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go


God wants us to come to Him and be held before we hit the wall and fall over in exhaustion. There is nothing going on in your heart that God can’t hold for you and help you through. We need to keep our eyes on the cross and focus on Jesus, just like Martha, and allow the peace of Christ flow into our lives.


If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will


Remember God is not just an arbitrary thought in the sky, He is our Lord, Savior, Creator, and Lover of our souls. He is calling us to slow down and let Him hold us daily not just during life altering events!


I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held


Luke 10:38-42 “Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her.”


No comments: