We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Friday, December 23, 2016

Music Devotion Day 3 - Thy Will//Hillary Scott

Thy Will//Hillary Scott

There are times in our lives when we fall on our knees in broken-hearted despair. When this happens, it is so easy to be angry and frustrated with God, after all He is almighty, He could have prevented this to begin with. This is true, but God has chosen for us not to be puppets on a string for which he determines each and every movement. With free will in a world of sin comes heartache and pain. There is no way to get around it, but there are lots of ways to get through it.

When these moments hit, it is hard to not let them take over our lives. We can stay in bed and bury ourselves in the grief and pain or we can let God into the situation and let Him hold us through it.

It took a season of being angry with God and not admitting it to myself to realize that God created emotions, therefore he can handle all of mine. The Bible says to be angry but not to let your anger cause you to sin (Ephesians 4:26-27). It's ok to feel whatever you need to feel to get through the situation that you are going through, the problem is when you let those emotions control how you behave. If your emotions are pulling you away from God, then you're not using them properly. All of your emotions were created to draw you nearer to God not pull you away.

The song Thy Will was written in the midst of a miscarriage. In the midst of her greatest grief Hillary Scott was able to cry out to God:

I know You see me
I know You hear me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness You have in store
I know You hear me
I know You see me, Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness You have in store
So
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done

This song makes me think of David, he often cried out to God a lot like this song. God wants to hear from us whether we are grief stricken or elated with Joy. When we turn away from God because of the way we are feeling we are allowing Satan to use our emotions against us. Don’t allow Satan to use something God created to separate you from God. Give all of your emotions back to God and let Him help you through them. God’s will is greater than ours and He is can carry us through every Earthly trial we might face we just have to let Him.


Ephesians 4:26-27 “Be angry but do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not make room for the devil.”



No comments: