We live in a world of sin and imperfection. I am a child of God striving each day to live out my calling. Welcome to my blog where you get the inside scoop of this Child of God's life!
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Music Devotion Day 9: Tell Me//Carrollton

Tell Me//Carrollton


Life is hard. There are so many times I want to yell at Adam and Eve and tell them not to eat the forbidden fruit in the garden. But I know if they hadn’t, someone else would have. Free will gave us the ability to have a relationship with God but it also allowed for us to mess up royally and have to reap what we sow. There are times that I get wrapped up in the day to day and the stresses of life that I forget who I am and whose I am.


Feel like I'm a nobody
Wonder if I'll ever amount to much
Seems like no matter what I do
It's never gonna be enough
Should I just give up?
Lord, I need to hear You speak


Tell me I am loved
Tell me I am known
That You died for me
I am not alone
Tell me I'm Your child
The one Your heart beats for
I can find my strength
Knowing I am Yours
You've always known what my heart needs
And You tell me


The truth is God does tell us incredibly loud over and over in the Bible that we are His.


You wrote Your name upon my heart (Revelation 3:20)
You knew me before my life began (Psalm 139:16)
You still have a plan (Jeremiah 29:11)
And when I'm starting to forget (Psalm 22:1)
Jesus, You tell me who I am (John 3:16)
Who I am


You tell me I am loved (1 John 4:9-11)
Tell me I am known (Luke 12:7)
And that You died for me (Romans 5:8)
I am not alone (John 15:4)
You tell me I'm Your child (Genesis 1:27)


This is just a drop in the ocean of how much God loves us and tells us that He loves us. He loves us so much that not only did He create us, but He died for us, He sent His one and only Son to suffer and die the death we deserved so that we could spend eternity with Him. God loves us with Agape (unconditional) love, that means that no matter what we do, He will always love us. We have been given an incredible gift of Grace by the creator of the world who loves us so much. He knows our names, our wants, our needs, our dreams, and our pain. Nothing that we could ever go through is more than He can handle. That love that God is calling out to you today to just dwell in His presence. “Come to me all who are weary.” (Matthew 11:28)

Revelation 3:20 “ Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking; if you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to you and eat with you, and you with me.”


Psalm 139:16 “Your eyes beheld my unformed substance. In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed.”


Jeremiah 29:11 “For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.”


Psalm 22:1 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from helping me, from the words of my groaning?”


John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.”


1 John 4:9-11 “ God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him.  In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another.”


Luke 12:7 “But even the hairs of your head are all counted. Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.”


Romans 5:8 “But God proves his love for us in that while we still were sinners Christ died for us.”


John 15:4 “Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me.”


Genesis 1:27 “So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them;    male and female he created them.”

Matthew 11:28  “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.”


No comments: